Have A Question?

COPACare Travel FAQ's

Travel insurance is a must while traveling outside of your province of residence, if you are a member of COPA we have a plan for you. 

We are always here to answer your questions.

If you are traveling outside your province of residence, to the United States or overseas, even the smallest injury or illness can be devastating. That is why Puhl Employee Benefits in co-operation with COPACare Travel have teamed up to answer some frequently asked questions.

Top Questions from COPA Members

  • Yes. You will need to list your spouse and any dependents on your application form including dependents between 21 and 25 who are in full time school.
  • They are covered if listed as dependents. Otherwise, they will need to purchase a separate travel medical policy.
  • Covers all trips up to 45 days per trip maximum while traveling outside of your province of residence for emergency, injury, or sickness.
  • Pilot’s coverage is for non-commercial use. There is no aircraft exclusions under this policy.
  • Maximum $1,000,000 per injury or sickness per person.
  • The max trip is 45 consecutive days from the province of residence so the participant must return to the province of residence.
  • After twenty-four (24) hours the participant can again depart their province for a new 45 days of travel coverage.
  • Travel coverage is limited to 45 days and cannot be extended if traveling. A separate policy is required before you begin your trip to extend coverage longer than 45 days.
  • Insured under policy #1C680 would be covered for flying power para-gliders, but not for an acrobatic performance, aerobatics, or stunt flying. Coverage is not provided for air balloons and gliders under any circumstances.

So in other words, if it’s for leisure, it would be covered under policy #1C680. If it’s for a “show”, it usually will be for stunt flying or a race (speed contest) and would be excluded under this policy.

  • COPA has a Travel Top Up option that can be purchased on an individual basis. The top up plan has a health questionnaire and the cost is based on your answers as well as your age and length of trip.
  • If you know you will be away for more than 45 days, you should buy coverage before you leave your province as it is more difficult to add it once you have left.
Puhl Employee Benefits

Puhl Employee Benefits is the licensed agent presenting the program and will be providing the marketing and servicing of the program.

As will all Association programs, success is only achieved if the members of the Association support the program. We ask that all of you take a close look at the COPA Travel plan, as a pilot. We look forward to providing the travel plan to the COPA membership and will do what we can to earn your loyalty. Please feel free to contact us anytime with questions or concerns. We are here for the COPA membership.

SSQ Assurance provides traveling member’s worldwide emergency assistance services 24 hours per day, 7 days a week.

Planning a Trip? Get COPACare Travel Insurance Coverage!

We offer travel insurance programs for COPA members. 

Allow us the opportunity to give a second opinion on your travel insurance.