The COPA Member plan covers the travel needs of COPA members and their families. People who are covered in the travel insurance plan include:
- COPA Members: This plan provides insurance for people who are under the age of 80 (special plans for 80 and over available) and are members of the Canadian Owners and Pilot Association.
- COPA Member Spouse: The COPACare plan covers the spouse who is an individual under age of 80 to whom the member is legally married, or with whom the insured Person has continuously cohabitated in a conjugal relationship for a minimum of one year immediately before a loss is incurred under the policy.
- COPA Member Child or Dependent: The COPACare program covers Insured Dependent Child means a natural child, adopted child, stepchild or child who is in a part-child relationship with the Insured person. The child is unmarried, dependent upon the member for maintenance and support and a) under 21 years of age, or b) under 25 years of age (26 in the province of Quebec) and in attendance at an institution of higher learning on a full-time basis located in Canada, or c) by reason of mental or physical infirmity, are incapable of self-sustaining employment and are totally dependent upon the Member for support within the terms of the Income Tax Act.
This program provides travel coverage for out of province and out of country expenses. This is a program for Canadian Owners & Pilots Association (COPA) members and offers up to $1,000,000 in coverage per person, and a number of other expenses, including in-flight and vacation insurance. The plan coverage makes sure you and your insured dependents are covered while traveling outside your Province/Country or residence for a period not to exceed 45 days. If you are a COPA member and looking for a plan that covers the needs of you and your family when you travel contact us, and apply today. The COPACare plan is here for you.
The travel plan is designed with COPA members in mind. COPACare Emergency Medical Travel Program is now extended up to age 79. Current travel plans available to the general public do not provide coverage while piloting an aircraft.
Our plan covers travel emergency medical costs outside of your province of residence, this program includes coverage for the pilot and all dependent family members while you are piloting an aircraft in the event of an indiscriminate landing.
Annual Multi-Trip Coverage. Pay Once & Travel As Much As You Like
- Annual Premium under 70: $222
- Annual Premium 70-74: $386
- Annual Premium 75-80: $772
Super-Feature Unique to COPACare Travel:
- Pilots for non-commercial use
- Under age 65-pre-existing medical conditions are covered – yes covered!
- Age 66 – 69; 3-month pre-existing stability condition clause
- Age 70 – 74; 6-month pre-existing stability condition clause
- Age 75 – 80; 12 month pre-existing stability condition clause
- Coverage: Emergency injury or sickness while traveling outside of their province or residence, all trips up to 45 days per trip maximum.
Maximum $1,000,000 per injury or sickness per person including:
- $10,000 ground ambulance
- $15,000 medical evacuation
- $5,000 remains repatriation
- $5,000 family transportation
- $1,000 hotel convalescence
- $500 return of vehicle